Hello and Welcome to the Mitchell Skating and Hockey Association...
If you are a new member, WELCOME and please read this carefully to answer some important questions and to make your registration process flow easily. Returning members, WELCOME back for another great season!
Things you need in order to register:
- USA Hockey Confirmation Number. Every player must have a USA Hockey # in order to register as a Mitchell Marlin. To get this number you must first register your player on the USA Hockey site: CLICK HERE to go to USA Hockey Registration. You must return to the Marlin site to complete your registration after registering with USA Hockey.
- Username/Password for the Marlin site. Returning users please login with your previous username and password, this will prevent possible duplicate account for your family. If you cannot remember your login username, please contact me and I will get it for you. You will then have to retrieve your password - we do not have access to passwords. New members will set their username and password up when registering. A confirmation email will be sent to you BEFORE you can complete your registration so please watch for it!
- Payment Method – a valid form of payment will be required to complete your registration. This includes: Visa, Mastercard, Discover or your checking account information (including account number and routing number).
Fees & Fundraising:
- Registration Fees – Fees are waived for first year skaters. Fees vary by level as follows: MiniMites - $80, Mites - $90, Squirts - $125, league levels (PeeWee, Bantam, Girls & Boys Varsity) - $280 (fee will increase by $50 after July 31).
- Equipment Rental - Equipment is available for non-league level players (MiniMites, Mites & Squirts) for a fee of $50 for the season (equipment rental fees are waived for first year skaters). During the registration process, you will be asked if you need equipment. If you check yes, you will be contacted as to when the equipment hand-outs will be scheduled. Please remember that everyone that volunteers for the association also has a job and other obligations, so please be considerate and plan on attending the scheduled equipment hand-out times. Payment for equipment rental will be collected when equipment is checked out.
- Tournament Fees – Beginning at the Mite level, teams will be attending out-of-town tournaments. These tournaments charge the association a registration fee that must be reimbursed by each skater who attends the tournament. These fees are minimal for young skaters but increase as they advance and go to larger tournaments to compete. These fees will be collected after the tournaments have been scheduled.
- Raffle Tickets – Raffle tickets are our biggest fund-raiser for the season and help up to keep the registration fees down and keep quality equipment available for all skaters. The tickets will be handed out on Forms Turn in Night (more information below). You will need to pay for the tickets up front when you pick them up and keep the money for the tickets as they are sold.
MSHA is a nonprofit, parent-run organization. In order to provide the ability for your child to learn to skate and play hockey, we must rely on all of our parent members to help the association run smoothly. Each skater is assigned 35 credits (with a maximum of 60 credits per family) that must be worked before the season is over. First year skaters are required to work 10 credits and are encouraged to volunteer in order to learn more about the association. These credits may be worked in the concession stand, helping with games, doing maintenance work on the building, helping with the equipment rental and a variety of other jobs that must be done in order for us to keep our association one of the best in the state. If the credits are not worked by the end of the season, you will be charged $30.00 per credit for anything that was not completed. A list of jobs that earn credits is available on the homepage of our website.
Again, welcome to MSHA. We are excited to have new skaters as well as all our returning players!! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact any one on the MSHA board or programs committee. We are here to answer any questions and insure you have a great experience in the hockey family!!